2 Wish Upon a Star
We are proud to have chosen 2 Wish Upon a Star as our principal charity partner, and look forward to supporting and working with them over the next 2 years.
Founded in 2012 by Rhian Mannings the charity was formed after her own tragic experience of loss and bereavement. After her newborn baby, George died suddenly with no sign of illness in the Royal Glamorgan Hospital. Just days later Paul, her husband and the Father to her 3 children, took his own life traumatised by the loss of their son. The tragedy of experiencing the sudden death of a child was compounded by the situation that Rhian and her husband found themselves in at the hospital, having nowhere to privately grieve and say goodbye to their son. From this unimaginable tragedy, Rhian made it her life goal to ensure no parent or family are left in a situation without support or closure after the loss of a family member.
2 Wish Upon a Star aims to:
- Ensure every Emergency Department in Wales has a suitable bereavement suite for bereaved families
- Ensure that bereavement boxes are available for families at each of these hospital
- Ensure that immediate bereavement support is available for suddenly bereaved families
- Provide a professional counselling service for suddenly bereaved families
- Provide support to individuals who witness the sudden and traumatic death of a child or young adult
- Provide staff support and training.
You can find out more and support by visiting: http://www.2wishuponastar.org/