Main Requirements of the Post:
Working with a fully trained technician to observe the service repair and adjustment of vehicles or components in the most economical, efficient, and safe manner on the instruction of the Department Controller/Supervisor and in accordance with the manufacturers’ schedules and technical manuals, with regard to current legislation.
Summary of Main Duties
- Working with a qualified technician servicing, adjusting, repairing vehicles and components in a safe proper and economical manner using special tools and equipment provided ensuring top quality workmanship at all times.
- The diagnosis of faults and the testing of vehicles and components utilising test equipment available and recognised test procedures and techniques.
- Observing, recognising and reporting on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure.
- The complete examination of vehicles and reporting on their condition, safety, reliability and performance having regard to Department of Transport minimum standards.
- Recovery/assistance with recovery, e.g. collision, damages or broken down vehicles in safe, efficient manner.
- Interpret technical service information and data from manufacturers’ manuals, bulletins etc., and implement by applying techniques for repair or servicing.
- Comply with manufacturers warranty policy and procedures, carry out manufacturers modifications as required
- Common car and maintenance of all mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment used in the course of work, report defective equipment to Supervisor, in line with Health & Safety procedures.
- Report shortages/low stocks of consumable materials to Service Manager.
- Use adequate protection for vehicles against damage or soiling by use of appropriate covers. (wing, seat, wheel, etc)
- Keep working area in a clean and safe condition, dispose of displaced materials, fluids, packaging etc., into appropriate receptacles.
- Use correct procedures for requesting materials and parts, special orders to be authorised by Controller/Supervisor or Service Manager.
- Ensure protective covers (wing, seat, steering wheel, etc.,) are used on vehicles under repair, and that vehicles are clean prior to hand-over.
- Consult with customers as required and deal with repeat repairs (when requested)
- Collect and deliver customer vehicles in a safe and responsible manner when required.
Essential Qualifications for the Position:
- Must have the desire to learn.
- Must be able to work on own initiative.
- Must be open to change.
- Improve their own abilities by attending training courses.
- Be reliable, honest and flexible with a positive attitude.
- Must work towards total customer satisfaction at all times.
- Level C grade or above (or equivalent) – Mathematics and English Language
Desirable Qualification for the Position:
Driving licence (when reaching legal age). – To be obtained within 8 -12 months
Hours of work:
Currently Monday to Friday, 8.45am – 4.45pm
To apply please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org